Assistant Accountant needed forASAP start!
I’m looking for an accountant for an immediate start in either a contract or permanent opportunity working with one of NZ's best known businesses!
The Assistant Accountant is an important role contributing to the day-to-day finance and accounting function of the business. The role will be offering accounts processing support to the existing team whilst also supporting the senior team in end of month reporting.
The successful candidate will support across several key functions in the finance team covering Accounts Payable, Receivable, general accounting and potentially also Payroll. Previous experience with accounts payable, handling expense coding and experience processing end of month is essential! The Role:
Responsible for the end to end Accounts Payable and Receivable process, specifically:
- Daily receipting of incoming debtor payments, Issuing adhoc non-project related invoices
- Processing of all vendor invoices, ensuring Employee Expense claims are filed on time and processed alongside credit card and travel expense claims
- Batch payments and at times ad-hoc project related payment processing
Provide general support to the Head of Finance in the management and execution of:
Key Candidate Requirements
- Daily cash/bank balance management,
- Weekly update of cash flow forecast transactions
- Month End & General Accounting
- Balance sheet reconciliations: Prepayments, consultant and late invoice accruals, corporate recharges, daily cash management
- Maintain Fixed Asset Register, including depreciation.
- Assist with Profit & Loss monthly expense commentary.
- At times assistance with payroll may be required.
- At least 1 years’ experience within finance/accounting work duties, specifically including accounts payable functions
- Experience using accounting software such as MYOB, Xero, Netsuite etc
- Proficient in Microsoft suite
- Highly organised, able to multi-task and committed to meeting deadlines
- Maintains high levels of accuracy and quality control
- Trusted to manage personal information and sensitive issues with discretion
- Positive, responsive, customer service
- Written and verbal skills are first-class
- Must have valid NZ working rights and be available for an immediate start
This is a great opportunity for someone looking for an opportunity for long term work within a successful NZ owned and operated business!
Based in Auckland central, office based role - there is no WFH flexibility in this role.
Get in quick!
Apply now to Jessica Miller - Senior Recruitment Consultant at 84 Recruitment For overseas candidates We appreciate interest from overseas candidates, however, due to our immediate requirements, our clients are unlikely to sponsor offshore applicants at the moment and we will not be looking at any candidates outside of New Zealand for this role.