Our client who is a leader in the commercial/industrial construction and demo space is currently seeking a dedicated and experienced Health & Safety Advisor/Administrator.
As part of a family-owned business, our client prioritises the well-being of their employees and strive to maintain a healthy and safe work environment across all our projects. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual passionate about ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations and promoting a culture of safety within the workplace.
Role Overview: The Health & Safety Advisor/Administrator will play a pivotal role in overseeing and managing all health and safety requirements for operations. Working closely with project and site managers, you will be responsible for conducting regular assessments, identifying hazards, implementing risk management strategies, and maintaining and reviewing H&S policies and protocols. Additionally, you will be involved in incident reporting and investigation, injury prevention, onsite H&S auditing, and internal reviews. This position requires someone who can provide practical advice, possesses excellent communication and negotiation skills, and is well-versed in HSE regulations.
- Perform regular system assessments to ensure compliance with AS / NZ 4801:2001 Occupational H&S Management System requirements
- Collaborate with Project and Site Managers to identify hazards and conduct risk assessments
- Maintain and review H&S policies, operational protocols, and site-specific safety plans
- Report and investigate incidents, taking proactive measures for injury prevention
- Conduct on-site H&S audits and internal reviews to identify areas for improvement
- Ensure all work sites have the relevant H&S documentation in place
- Develop and implement an effective H&S induction and training program for all staff
Required Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience in a dedicated Health & Safety role
- Strong understanding of HSE regulations and their practical application
- Experience in a construction or demolition environment would be advantageous
- Demonstrates initiative and can provide practical advice in challenging situations
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to effectively engage with stakeholders
- Proficient computer skills for managing documentation and reporting
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities in a high-volume work environment
- Possession of a full driver's license
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is highly motivated, organized, and committed to maintaining high work standards. Building strong relationships with staff, sub-contractors, and clients is essential to succeed in this role.
Competitive salary based on skills and experience, providing an opportunity for personal and professional growth within our dynamic organization. Applications will only be accepted from New Zealand residents or individuals with a valid work visa.