We are on the hunt for an Account Manager with a technical background, preferably in instrumentation, process or mechanical engineering for a well-established, reputable specialist distributor of all things flow, pressure, temperature and instrumentation.
The company has been in business for 65 years, the successful candidate will be working closely with the General Manager, Customer Support, Technical and Sales teams to learn the role, customer base and product mix. They offer an inventory of over 3000 options and configurations so strong relationship building as well as technical competency are important. Key clients sit within a range of industries, generally within trades and manufacturing and vary in scale. You will be responsible for
Key Candidate Requirements
- Building and maintaining relationships with a range of customers – varying in size and service needs.
- Provide basic troubleshooting and technical support for existing customers as a value add service.
- Look after customers nationwide, with strong investment in automation technology to maximise customer engagement to support lead generation and account management
- Provide input into sales strategy – both long and short term.
- Deliver product training and insights.
- Experience in instrumentation is preferred – technical ability is important. Perhaps you are coming from an engineering discipline, are a proud geek and enjoy customer interaction or applying your technical knowledge to a variety of situations.
- Previous experience within sales is ideal – but training will be provided.
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
- Brings energy, initiative, focus and drive.
- Takes immense pride in their work, attention to detail and accuracy in execution is a must
As there is plenty of scope to grow within the role, there is strong preference for candidates who show good tenure in previous roles.
What’s in it for you?
As the company is owner operated with a relatively small team across the country. There is plenty of opportunity to learn and develop across all areas in the business. The team are busy, and love what they do – they’re invested in supporting your training and helping you to grow. They love to have a laugh and will often poke fun at each other.
Monday – Friday, standard business hours. Head office is based in Auckland – this role will be remote covering the central, and lower North Island primarily. Some domestic travel – depending on your account management style up to 1 week/month.
The company is paying well for the right fit. Apply today to Hannah Ealson - email@example.com as it will not stay available for long!